About the Opportunity
- Performs together with the finance team all duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Performs full cycle month-end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations
- Prepares monthly credit card reconciliations and related journal entries
- Acts as a liaison and builds relationships with all departments to resolve accounting issues
- Works closely with other
- Analyze transactional information and generate general journal entries
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and follow-up on discrepancies
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Generate monthly financial statements and analyze variances against budget and forecast.
- Maintain accurate and timely filing of all supporting documents
- File GST/HST and other local tax compliance documents in an accurate and timely manner
- Support the internal and external audit processes
- Participate in execution of the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
- Liaise with international payroll and benefits providers.
- Ensure employees are paid accurately and on-time.
- Check reasonability of withholding tax deductions and ensure timely remittance to local tax authorities
- Act as an employee liaison between employees and service providers
- Reviews accounts payable batches for coding accuracy
- Act as back-up for the accounts payable function
- Ensure all work is executed in compliance with the company’s SOX-404 internal controls procedures
- Generate ad hoc reports
- Participate in special projects
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience, preferably in public companies
- CPA designation, or actively in progress
- Proficient computer skills: Windows, Word, and accounting systems; must have advanced Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- A sense of urgency and be self-motivated
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism while also being friendly and professional
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and strong work ethic
- A team player while also being able to work independently
- Accountable and takes ownership of own work.
- Flexible, adaptable, and proficient in working in an unstructured environment which is constantly changing due to growth of the company
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #281865.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
-Internal controls experience is an asset
-Payroll experience is an asset