In this role, reporting to the Finance Manager, you will assist with the full accounting cycle and financial reporting.
About the Opportunity
1. Support the Accounting team with by ensuring timely and accurate completion of the monthly close processes including the preparation of journal entries:
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for financial activities
- Post journal entries including A/P accruals, etc.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the monthly lead sheets for balance sheet reconciliation and investigate discrepancies if necessary
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Assist with tracking capital expenditures, fixed asset continuity schedule and other related reconciliations
- Assist with financial analysis and monthly reporting packages
2. Ensure transactions are recorded and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare salaried payroll entries on a bi-weekly basis and investigate discrepancies if required
- Maintain prepaid schedules and intercompany reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Ad hoc administrative duties
- Electronic and manual filing of documents, reports, journal entries and other Accounting related information
- Participate in various finance initiatives to streamline and improve current processes
- Support various business projects
- A degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
- Working towards the completion of CPA designation is an asset
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in full cycle accounting
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or consumer products is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of balance sheets, ledger entries, etc.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), adapting message to suit stakeholder group.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to prioritize in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- High degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity
- Sound judgement and good analytical skills, as well as excellent research skills
- Great MS Excel skills including Pivots and Formula/Functions experience required
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28791.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.