This position is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records from source transactions through to preparation of financial statements for the Canadian Corporate entity. Provide company wide support for lease accounting.
The corporate finance group operates as a cohesive team, which results in the opportunity to be involved in a variety of other projects.
About the Opportunity
Accountable for full accounting process for the corporate entity:
- Accounts payable, journal entries, account reconciliations
- Banking transactions such as transfers and bill payments
- Inter-company accounting process and reconciliation
- Processing stock option exercises
- Providing information as required to others – tax department, internal and external auditors
Responsible for maintaining lease accounting information:
- Co-ordinate the collection of information from business units
- Update and maintain the lease software system
- Provide entries and other support to business units
Provide support, leading to more responsibility for:
- Prepare Plan and forecast for the corporate entity
- Stats Canada information requests
- Maintaining documentation of processes and internal controls
- Continuous process improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, Interested in learning
- Team player, able to multitask and manage deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including advanced experience in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28727.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.