ARE YOU A DESIGNATED PROFESSIONAL WITH REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE? Our client is looking for a Corporate Accountant to join their growing organization.
About the Company
Our client is one of the largest real estate developers, and they are looking for a Corporate Accountant as they continue to grow their organization. As part of the Accounting team, this position acts as a support mechanism to the Controller through analysis and the facilitation of business processes as they relate to reporting as well as other areas of financial stewardship. The position is responsible for preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, including MD&A and corresponding financial analysis, as well as ensuring compliance to internal control procedures and accurate financial reporting in accordance with Canadian accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE).
About the Opportunity
- Play a key role during monthly, quarterly and year-end reviews by compiling/analyzing the financial results and matters of particular interest or importance, as well as preparing financial statements and MD&A
- Perform the verification required to ensure that transactions are processed in accordance with proper control guidelines
- Prepare monthly close journal entries and assist in performing month and year-end closings
- Support the interim and year-end audits by collecting and validating data, and provide documentation and responses to inquiries
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure the quality and accuracy of financial data
- Responsible for accounting for complex financial accounting transactions across all entities
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA)
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the real estate industry or residential new home construction industry
- Consolidations experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18302.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.