About the Opportunity
- Maintain various corporate fixed assets, apply accounting knowledge and work closely with management to capitalize or expense IT costs
- Closely monitor IT related costs, review GL activity, allocate to cost centers and process adjustments and accruals using feedback from the IT department
- Set up fixed assets and run monthly depreciation schedule.
- Responsible for the quarterly overhead capitalization analysis, including journalizing, billing and application of cash receipts
- Prepare accrual entries, month end schedules and reconciliations, and proactively resolve accounting discrepancies
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecast processes
- Prepare quarterly G&A variance analyses
- Prepare the annual insurance administration fee billing and other billings as assigned
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual internal/ external reporting
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with other departments regarding accounting matters and respond promptly to transactional accounting questions and issues
- Exercise judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- University degree in Accounting and working towards CPA designation
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a real estate or property management environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (comfortable with pivot tables and VLOOKUP).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to manage the pressures of month-end and quarter-end reporting cycles
- Knowledge of current accounting practices and principles (IFRS & GAAP)
- Flexible, collaborative, analytical and independent thinker who works well within a team and as an individual contributor
- Experience with Yardi, JDE and Hubble is an asset
$70 000 - $75 000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #386205.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.