About the Company
Our client is looking to hire a Controller to manage the financial statement preparation for their real estate construction group.
- Supervising a mid-sized team of accountants
- Regular corporate functions
- Open door policy, everyone is very supportive of their peers
About the Opportunity
- Manage the preparation of financial and operating results for the property management portfolio
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation, in a hands on manner the preparation of monthly reports, year end reporting, financial statements, variance analysis and budgets
- Prepare annual budgets and review existing monthly activities
- Review the property financials including account reconciliations, and recovery CAM analysis, job cost and fixed assets, bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate year-end audits for common area costs and ensure tenant billings are processed according to standard lease provisions and departmental goal
- Assist in the annual external audit of financial statements for various entities
- Manage and train property accountants to continually maintain and improve upon accounting policies, procedures and reporting processes
- 4-8 years job related experience within the property management industry
- Produced full financial statement and experienced with budgeting/forecasting
- Preferred experience with large ERP
- Supervisory experience nice to have
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27172.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.