About the Opportunity
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast business activity, financial position and cash flow needs
- Assist in consolidation of monthly financial statements and account reconciliation
- Prepare clear, concise monthly financial analysis on key items of P&L vs budget,
- Responsible for preparation of year end working papers
- Responsible for federal and provincial, sales tax remittances
- Ensure all business transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Propose Business strategy in the improvement of existing accounting processes and internal controls
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports (i.e., Ad-hoc reports and analysis)
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
- Manage and lead the finance team
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance
- 3-5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
- Professional Accounting Designation required
- Complete understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent general computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and implement solutions with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #333819.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.