About the Company
Our client is in the wholesale industry. They are currently looking for a Controller who will actively participate in strategic planning and on-going business decisions with overall responsibility for the planning, recording, and reporting of financial information and the control of financial transactions. Within this performance-oriented culture, the Controller will ensure that all financial and accounting policies are consistently and accurately implemented and that all reporting is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Strong opportunity for career growth and development.
- Flexible work environment with opportunity to work from office and remotely
- Competitive overall compensation package, including bonus, RRSP matching, and top benefits program
- Provide leadership and supervision to the accounting team in the preparation of monthly journal entries, accruals, GL closing, balance sheet reconciliations and other month/quarter/year activities
- Prepare monthly financial reports along with a narrative for management ensuring the integrity of the financial statements under IFRS and lead the monthly analysis of actuals vs. budget and prior years
- Detailed profit and loss statement analysis with focus on gross profit, provide recommendations for productivity, profit improvement and cost containment activities
- Cash management and inter-company transfers and reconciliations
- Oversee the monthly/annual tax filing requirements and monthly remittances to the government in multiple jurisdictions
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts across all functions and provide ongoing assessments of financial performance against these plans
- Ensure the reliability and effectiveness of internal controls over financial processes
- Coaching and providing timely feedback to direct reports to aid in their success
- CPA designation
- Experience with public company reporting requirements
- Advanced expertise in accounting standards and practices, financial reporting processes, tax legislations and internal controls
- 8+ years’ experience in financial reporting in a public company environment, with at least 5+ years in a managerial capacity
- Experience with AS/400, Blackline and Hyperion Financial Management (highly desirable)
- Experience working in the distribution industry (beneficial)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #382838.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.