About the Company
Our client operates a franchise of entertainment facilities across Canada. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for managing our client’s multi-company day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very fun and engaging working culture
- Ownership "walk the walk" and make a positive corporate culture a top priority
- High focus on customer experience
- Company is poised for rapid growth across Canada and the Controller will have an active part in that growth
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Manage all Financial Accounting information ensuring it is accurate and produced to agreed deadlines and in accordance with required standards.
- Main contact for half-year/year-end Audit and liaison with Auditors throughout the year.
- Provide all detailed financial information leading to effective production of year end accounts in line with statutory requirements.
- A good understanding of IFRS and ASPE
- A willingness to investigate new standards and report impact on the business
- Preparation of the monthly reporting pack to the UK group office
- Manage inter-co transactions within Canada and with the UK
- Reporting and financial integration of acquisitions as they arise
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations and control, review balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all source documentation is authorized in line with current controls.
- Ensure integrity of all bank accounts and cash balances. Ensure all bank accounts are operated in line with current authorization policy.
- Work with business leaders to ensure adherence to all financial controls across the business.
- Working with CFO to ensure group’s financial systems, process and controls are sufficient to meet the needs of the business and are documented sufficiently.
- Support the annual budget process. Develop historical, current and potential future trend analysis
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
- Certified Accountant (CPA) with proven financial accounting skills
- Strong Excel Skills
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #380164
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.