About the Company
Our client is a leading logistics specialist. They are currently looking for a Controller to be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the warehousing solutions division, ensuring accurate and timely accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity for career development and progression
- Join a well reputable and established global organization with opportunity to make a real difference
- Warehouse Solutions division is rapidly growing
- Accounting responsibilities for the company North America:
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis including and not limited to, Fixed Assets, Bank Accounts, Intercompany accounts, Customer Accounts, Vendor Accounts, Payroll and etc.
- Manage/Ensure appropriate procedures and process are in place over AP and AR and monitor the timeliness of payments as well as collections.
- Escalate issues to WHSI Management. Manage monthly billing process to ensure billing is completed with accuracy and on a timely basis.
- Set process and perform month end close including all reconciliations, KPI reporting, and financial reporting within set 3 day deadline by global.
- Prepare Day 1 estimates of expected profitability based on information generated through each month.
- Monitor cash flow and liaise with external banks as well as parent organization as needed to ensure appropriate liquidity.
- Review monthly overhead allocations from Region, Country and Global for accuracy and deviation.
- Support country annual audit by providing working papers and supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP in each individual country.
- Assist in annual, state, and local tax filings as required.
- Communicate with WHSI management necessary analysis as needed as well as monthly/annual/quarterly results.
- Perform variance analysis on budget to actual to prior year to prior month information. Include commentary into the company’s system.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Regional Development call presentations with WHSI Management
- Perform forecasting on results and cash flow expectations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and compile the budget for the WHSI division for North America.
- Ensure coordination with operations as well as shared service centers.
- Review monthly job cost reports for accuracy, ESR, ESJ, CCR, etc. Ad hoc preparation of investment proposals for board as required.
Other items to note:
- Ensure proper controls are in place in order to safe guard company assets, prevent losses, and reduce the opportunity for fraud.
- Communicate with operations on standard processes and the importance of adherence.
- Complete customer profitability analysis and communicate findings to management.
- Work closely with WHSI operations and sales team to support and align with the growth strategy of the business.
- Establish best practices across warehouses and implement/monitor KPI’s.
- Additional duties as requested/ assigned
- Occasional travel through North America and Europe will be required
- CPA designation
- 5+ years finance experience
- 2+ years leadership experience in accounting and preferably in a Supply chain, forwarding or 3PL environment
- Fluent in English with knowledge of Spanish and/or German a benefit
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Knowledge of SAP and / or Blue Yonder would be beneficial
- Ability to perform mathematical computations and accurately.
- Excellent knowledge and utilization of Excel Strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #373049.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.