About the Company
Our client is a boutique insurance brokerage. They are looking for a Controller. This role is accountable for overseeing and managing the day-to-day accounting and financial activities of the business, with the responsibility for the complete and reliable accounting for all financial activities for all the companies.
Why Work Here
- Good work life balance
- Close-knit, family work environment
- Mature, stable business with great culture
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for managing and overseeing the day-to-day functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, fixed assets, and general accounting of 2 main operating companies and several holding companies.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of insurance accounts with various insurance partners.
- Responsible for the monthly close process and review and analysis of monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for continuously reviewing and making recommendations to improve the accounting processes and procedures and adapt to changes in the business.
- Responsible for identifying process improvements and communicating these improvements to management for discussion and implementation.
- Developing strong and productive working relationships with business partners in order to ensure all financial information is properly recorded and reported.
- Responsible for the payroll function, semi-annual payments, and annual payroll tax process.
- Liaise with MNP for annual closing and tax preparation of the various companies.
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years of full cycle Accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting functions
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, and Word, including experience manipulating and arranging large data sets using Pivot tables, vlookup and formula
- Experience working a solo Finance lead a strong asset
Up to $100,000 a year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #348894.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.