About the Company
Our client is a leading software company who has expertise in operating businesses around the globe. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for overseeing full cycle accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and compliance of existing legal entities spread across North America, Europe, and Asia, working closely with decentralized finance teams to ensure accurate reporting and compliance to IFRS, and help manage the regions’ adherence to deadlines and deliverables. In addition, the role will be involved in due diligence and integration of future acquisitions of the Portfolio, while also providing strategic support to Senior Management across their existing companies.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Work for a great who is an excellent mentor
- Good hours/work life balance
- Opportunity to move up very quickly
- Provide oversight, leadership and support to 5 finance teams and over 10 legal entities in 6 different countries. As we continue to grow through acquisitions, the finance team will grow.
- Foster a collaborative and positive finance team while soliciting feedback from internal stakeholders. Attract, retain, and develop financial teams to meet the goals of the department.
- Challenge the status quo by reviewing and strengthening systems, processes, and internal controls.
- Provide leadership and oversee activities for all finance, accounting, tax, credit, and treasury functions for businesses within the portfolio. Execute external and internal financial reporting, and strategic planning to create organizational financial policies and plans relevant to the growth and long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Ensure timely and accurate closing of financial period end closes (monthly, quarterly, annually), including analytical review and account reconciliations.
- Implement a strategic framework and policies for controllership areas of accountability; formulate and manage an effective system of internal controls and procedures to safeguard the organization and ensure healthy cash flow.
- Identify, assesses, and report key aspects of the organization’s financial performance through forecasts, accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting, including monthly reporting packages for the portfolio, and oversight of quarterly disclosures.
- Own accountability for tax (sales related tax, income tax, etc.) and other statutory compliance obligations.
- Provide contract/legal support with customers and vendors.
- Identify risks and opportunities of potential acquisition targets through analysis, auditing, and discussions with management.
- Oversee post-close financial and system integration and govern newly acquired businesses.
- Onboard finance teams and provide financial and strategic support to business leaders.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational analyses as required by Management. Take initiative to identify improvement opportunities and assist in developing action plans to implement, monitor, and track plans to completion.
- Liaise with CSI head office and internal audit as required.
- CPA, CMA, CA, or MBA
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience managing a finance department or function
- Experience with financial due diligence and post-acquisition integration a strong asset.
$125,000 to $130,000 /year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 345863
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.