About the Company
Our Client is in the professional services industry. They are looking for an Controller who will oversee financial and accounting activities for the Company and will report to the VP Finance.
Why Work Here
- Excellent work life balance
- Excellent culture and lots of opportunity to learn
- Work from Home Flexibility
About the Opportunity
- Work with team members and internal partners, spearhead the preparation of all periodic accounting and financial reporting and variance analysis within the established corporate deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of the annual business plan / budget and quarterly forecasts; identify related risks and opportunities
- Lead the AR and AP functions and team members, ensuring timely collection/disbursements
- Assist, oversee and assist with the revenue / deferred revenue recognition process ensuring compliance with accounting rules, internal policies and controls.
- Assist, review and/or approve of month-end reconciliation (e.g. client billings and supplier invoices), client rebates, transactional processes and journal entries
- Prepare payroll-related JEs, remittances and reporting where applicable
- Manage and control access and authorization within the various online banking platforms, review and approval of EFT and wire payments
- Ensure financial risks are monitored, identified, and processes/controls are implemented to mitigate any risks identified.
- Support the transformation of the financial results close function through centralization and optimization, and improvements on data/systems
- People management - train and develop the finance team
- Vendor and client onboarding (including contract, client set up, banking information, etc.)
- 6 + years total experience + 1-2 years in a people management role
- Experience leading AP/AR
- System familiarity with QuickBooks, MS Office Suite
$95,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #333036.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.