About the Company
Our client is a publicly listed mining and resource company with international operations. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for managing the monthly reporting of their external financial statements and reports, and contribute to the corporate finance, treasury, and corporate planning.
Why Work Here
- Professional growth through exposure to a growing company with evolving financial processes
- Competitive salary and benefits package, which include options
- Entrepreneurial and flexible working culture
About the Opportunity
- Prepare quarterly consolidated financial statements and notes
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Research new IFRS accounting standards
- Maintain and manage the corporate ledgers
- Coordinate with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Oversees statutory reporting for all legal entities
- Treasury / Corporate Finance: manage cash balances and transfer cash when required between company accounts
- Corporate planning: Analysis of actual results against budgets, and cost control over corporate expenditures
- Establish and document a system of internal controls throughout the company
- Manage / participate in ad-hoc projects
- Assist in the transition to a new ERP system
- Knowledge of Public company/ IFRS reporting requirements
- Strong internal controls background
- Mining industry experience is an asset
- Audit experience (internal or external) would be an asset
- Consolidations and foreign exchange knowledge
$120,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30679.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.