About the Opportunity
- Business partner to the President of HRA and leader of the facility to drive delivery of the strategic and annual plans, as well as, continuous improvement in business processes and financial performance
- Provide forensic cost accounting support to the newly installed ERP system (abas), investigate, remediate, and resolve cost accounting issues so as to improve the accuracy and integrity of our financial statements
- Member of the Financial Leadership Team to achieve improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership in financial management, including budgeting and forecasting, and analysis of inventory valuation, production and product costs and operational efficiency.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and financial aspects of the strategic plan. Include financial and management recommendations
- Cost and price analysis and support for RFP’s, pricing proposals, and contract renewals
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the CEO, CFO and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the company
- Oversee payroll processing for approximately 50 employees
- Provide support for tax compliance and external auditors as required
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience and proficiency with ERP systems and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA is a strong asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #303375.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.