About the Company
Our client is a private social and athletic club. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating of all accounting operational functions of the Club.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic close-knit culture with extensive benefits
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Establish high financial standards and implement an environment of continual improvements for internal controls, accuracy and more efficient, automated accounting procedures.
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity. Train and retain the skilled staff.
- Organize and coordinate with external auditors for the Club, Pension Plan and Operational audits.
- Review all monthly reconciliations.
- Review all departmental reports and prepare Club level reports and presentations.
- Manage the Club’s cash flow, working with the bank, ensuring surplus funds are invested appropriately and borrowings are minimized.
- Organization, coordination and preparation of annual operating budget.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax compliance and Statistics Canada surveys
- Attend Board Committee meetings to support the CFO.
- Ensure accuracy of capital reporting and maintain 10 year forecast of Capital expenditures.
- Respond to inquiries from staff and Department Managers.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- 7+ years of relevant operational accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/ managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Hands on experience in full cycle accounting (AR, AP, GL management, month-end ,etc.)
$110,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #303160.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.