About the Company
Our client's mission is to enable the electric revolution right here in Ontario by providing simple, intuitive, and reliable electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions. The company is a partnership between North America's largest clean energy leaders. They are currently seeking a Controller to lead and manage all aspects of finance, accounting and strategy.
Why Work Here
- Competitive salary and benefits package including healthcare coverage
- CPA dues reimbursed
- A start-up culture and company backed by established organizations
About the Opportunity
- Develop, automate, and manage foundational financial infrastructure, including accounting/book-keeping, taxes, HR systems (including payroll & benefits management), and invoicing
- Create policies and procedures to simplify accounting, HR, financial planning, treasury, and reporting functions
- Create and manage reporting dashboards to track and report final health and growth metrics to various stakeholders, including management, Board of Directors, etc
- Develop financial, forecasting, and pricing models, cash flow analysis, audit support and preparation, and budgets
- File income tax returns and ensure compliance with the Canadian Tax Act
- Support new business case/product development activities by developing financial models and pricing analyses from scratch
- Prepare financial documents for the government, the organization, or other governing bodies
- Manage and report revenue, expenditures, and cash flow and perform Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions on an ongoing basis
- Create and manage annual budgets/financial forecasts for the consolidated business and departments within the business
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, Finance, Business, or Economics and CPA/CMA, CFA or similar designation
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or graduate degree in a related field is considered an asset.
- 5 years of progressive experience in performing finance and accounting duties
- An in-depth knowledge of IFRS
- Self-starter with the ability to act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just the designated responsibilities
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational, communication and team leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Eligible to work in Canada
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30227.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.