About the Company
Our client is an Established Residential Property Management Company. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for the Property Accounting Portfolio as well as 20K+ units across Canada and managing Revenue Accounting and Accounts Payable Functions , Treasury and Acquisitions / Dispositions across the Finance department. The role will also report to the CFO directly.
Why Work Here
- Excellent work life balance
- Growth / Advancement opportunities
- Team has FUN!
About the Opportunity
- Manage all aspects of property accounting, including reporting, treasury, and auditing of real estate portfolio
- Maintaining the accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, preparing financial reports and presenting findings and recommendations to management
- Ensure financial reports are in accordance with IFRS
- Review monthly portfolio level financial results an Management reports for various stakeholders
- Support timely and accurate completion of annual operating and capital budgets and quarterly property forecasts
- Support acquisition / disposition of the properties in the real estate portfolio and resolve finance related tasks
- Develop, report and manage various KPIs for Finance team, including accounts payable on an ongoing basis
- Accomplish accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, orientating, training, coaching, accounting staff; communicating job expectations; monitoring and reviewing performance; enforcing policies and procedures
- Oversee and review the internal monthly consolidated and property results package, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external investors
- Co-ordinate and review external compliance including lenders, investors and CRA
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to exchange and deliver property financial information
- Lead the implementation of various Yardi Modules and responsible for the integrity of the data input in to Yardi
- 5 years of relevant experience in financial reporting and/or public accounting
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Systems proficiency with property management and accounting software (experience with Yardi is an asset)
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #300224.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.