About the Company
Our client is a reinsurer. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day financial operations
Why Work Here
- Family-like feel, tight knit group of employees that enjoy working for a company that treats them well
- Work for a very reputable, world-renowned company in the reinsurance industry
- Gain a wide breadth of accounting experience through being the person responsible for every aspect of the Life Insurance Accounting function of the company
About the Opportunity
- Monitor, document and communicate the administrative and accounting methods and procedures as well as their internal controls.
- Collaborate in the development and the execution of quality and relevant financial statements and analysis for submission to the OSFI/AMF and to the external auditors/GIA.
- Collaborate with Head Office on financial reporting for IFRS and French GAAP.
- Prepare tax provision and co-ordinate annual tax filings
- Oversee the control and the reconciliation of the accounts of the general ledger connected to the products to ensure the integrity of the financial information.
- Timely analyze and address financial variances; ensure information in accounting systems is valid.
- Provide to various internal departments, auditors and governmental authorities the necessary support in relation with the production and the communication of reports in order for the stakeholders to deliver on their mandates.
- Comply with all relevant guidelines and laws as required. Implement changes as needed to support compliance.
- Collaborate with the HUB the preparation of expense budgets and analyze budget-to-actual variances. Oversee systems supporting expense management.
- Manage cash activities for the branch including cash flow forecasts and analytics.
- Support client auditing programs.
- Maintain a robust internal control environment to mitigate errors and fraudulent activities.
- Participate in analysis of portfolios.
- Remain up to date with professional and technical knowledge
- Provide accounting support to various stakeholders on an ad hoc basis
- Perform other duties as requested by the CFO
- 5-8+ years of accounting or auditing experience; including experience developing, implementing & controlling financial reporting procedures/practices
- Experience managing staff members
- Experience developing & monitoring regulatory & IFRS financial reporting
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #299103.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.