About the Company
Our client is a leading retailer of naturopathic and homeopathic products. They are currently looking for a Controller to manage and oversee the company’s finance and accounting operations.
Why Work Here
- Ambitious and growing organization with multiple retail locations - majority within a big box retailer
- Opportunity to manage and lead a full department, reporting directly to the President
About the Opportunity
- Oversee all of the financial accounting systems for the company.
- Review all month-end closing activities
- Motivate and lead all personnel in the department, ensure the team is working effectively
- Responsible for looking after banking, insurance, and leases
- Direct, coordinate and participate in physical inventory counts, reconcile and investigate variances, then prepare entries to adjust inventory valuation
- Complete month-end closing journal entries, financial reports, payroll summaries and store P&L’s and distribute to the management team
- Adhere to and improve internal controls and financial procedures
- Complete government filings (i.e. EHT, HST, WSIB returns)
- Prepare cash flow projections and report with recommendations
- Ensure proper financial SOPs are being followed
- Review all cost centers and look for means to improve them where appropriate
- Look for grants/bursaries/rebates/hiring credits to benefit the company
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with store managers and the President
- Responsible for analysis in opportunities and deficiencies
- Work effectively with store management team to build their financial awareness
- Track employee’s sick and vacation days
- Work to ensure all employees are provided with an up-to-date job description with their duties
- 5+ years of strong full-cycle accounting experience (preferably at a small/mid-size company)
- Experience with inventory
- Advanced Excel skills (Microsoft Dynamics is a strong asset)
- Strong with analysis (forecasting, budgeting, etc.)
- CPA or CPA in progress is a strong asset
- Previous Managerial or Supervisory experience is also a plus
$80,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29396.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.