About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a cannabis company where you will be challenged every day. As a key member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the accounting function.
Why Work Here
- Hands-on entrepreneurial environment
About the Opportunity
- Review journal entries and reconciliations for both the Balance Sheet and Income Statement during month-end close process to ensure accuracy of month end results
- Assist with financial statement preparation including preparation of the Financial statement reporting package
- Provide oversight over general ledger journal postings and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Oversee the Company’s accounting function including AP/AR
- Provide analytical support to business managers to help them understand their departmental operating costs
- Provide support in the preparation of annual departmental cost budgets, including identifying cost saving opportunities
- Prepare the consolidated financial statement reporting package for the bank, including covenant reporting
- Prepare Canadian Corporate and Sales tax filings
- Review financial processes for cost and efficiency improvements
- Prepare annual audit working papers and work with the internal & external auditors
- CPA is an asset
- Previous experience within manufacturing/ CPG / cannabis are considered an asset
- 5-7 years of experience from a relevant industry
- Strong full cycle accounting/month-end experience
- Ability to be “hands on”
- Proactive personality who wants to help a Company to scale
- Working knowledge of ASPE/IFRS is an asset
$90,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29308.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.