About the Company
Our client is a large precious metals refinery in North America, they are looking for a Controller to join their team to be responsible for budget preparation, cash, financial, and metal forecasting, metal reporting, asset control, investments, reporting, analyzing, commenting, and advising on financial results and operating plans.
Why Work Here
- Very close knit team with lots of collaboration, strong team dynamic
- Growing company - prefers to promote from within
- Opportunity for advancement
About the Opportunity
- Staff positions within the team to accomplish business objectives and support the development of skills of direct reports to ensure a cohesive
- Maintain key performance indicators and work towards implementing plans to achieve established targets
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations that affect the accounting function
- Liaise with production to ensure metal flows are optimized, bottlenecks are speedily identified, and metal holding are minimized
- Liaise with metal trading team to ensure metal trading and derivatives activities are properly reported and reflected on financial reports
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly/quarterly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracing transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company in conjunction with Director of Finance
- Approve metal payments and control proper covering of metal transactions
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Assist the Director of Finance and IT in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board member
- 10+ years experience within a senior accounting/ accounting management role
- Manufacturing/ operating industry experience (mining, metals, mfg preferred) with multi-currency exposure (CAD/ USD)
- People management experience
- IFRS/US GAAP experience
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29062.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.