About the Company
Our client is a leader in the beauty industry. They are looking to add a Controller to their management team who will be relied upon for providing advice to the organization regarding the accounting operations of the company.
Why Work Here
- Collaborative atmosphere where every department is working together to create their products
- Many long tenured employees
- Internal promotions
- Holistic view and participation within the business
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the accounting operations of our subsidiary, especially their control systems, transaction-processing, payroll, Federal and State tax compliance
- Accounting and financials for sister company
- Perform consolidation of financial statements
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors
- Drive the process for financial forecasts and budgets, and oversee the preparation alongside the Manager of Sales FP&A
- Provide strategic recommendations to the VP Finance and Executives
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures and provides advice to senior management
- Understand the revenue and expense results and impact on the financial health of the company
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting systems
- Collect, interpret, and report financial data in a Management Discussion & Analysis document to be distributed to management and Board of Directors monthly
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provide leadership, direction and management of Accounting and Payroll teams
- Work with the manager of Payroll and Accounting to optimize the Payroll processes and controls
- Coach the Finance team to achieve results and appraise job results
- CPA (CA preferred)
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance in a Controller or Senior Manager role with experience managing/coaching and mentoring a team
- Working knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS
- Previous experience within a manufacturing or CPG environment is an asset
$130,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28525.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.