About the Company
Our client is a growing e-commerce company that delivers end-to-end solutions for selling and producing personalized, made-to-order products utilizing best in-class technologies. They are looking to hire a Controller who will be responsible for managing the overall finance and accounting function of the company.
Why Work Here
- Company is rapidly growing, with multiple brands and division
- Opportunity to lead, manage, and oversee the accounting function alongside the VP
- Competitive compensation package, with hybrid remote work opportunity
About the Opportunity
- Manage the day-to-day accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, payroll, and financial reporting needs of the business
- Ensure compliance with IFRS reporting standards and policies
- Oversee month end close process and ensue timely and accurate reporting of monthly results while providing accurate and insightful analysis and explanation
- Develop insightful and accurate profitability analysis
- Oversee inventory processes and implement monthly variance reporting
- Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financials
- International sales tax returns (UK, US, Australia)
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and analysis
- Intercompany account reconciliations with multiple currencies
- Manage the external audit
- Supervise and lead the accounting team
- Manage transfer pricing entries and liaise with external transfer pricing specialist
- Management of leases, bank accounts, wire transfers, FX trades/contracts
- Administer, review, and improve internal financial controls
- Co-ordinate the SRED claims
- Budget preparation and analysis by department, brand, entity etc
- CPA designation
- 7 to 10 years of relevant accounting experience, including 2 - 3 years in a managerial role leading a team
- Experience with inventory management, preferably from manufacturing
- Experience with IFRS reporting an asset
- Strong proficiency with standard office applications such as Microsoft Office programs, advanced excel proficiency
Up to $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #284012.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.