About the Company
Our client is a platform for discovering, booking, and managing services from highly rated service providers. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for executing all accounting functions. Their mission is to fuel thriving workplaces and to make every employee feel recognized and excited about work.
Why Work Here
- Growing company (targeted for high, rapid growth), still building out Finance team – opportunity to get involved in multiple facets within company
- Young, and very well-funded company with extremely seasoned and successful founders
- Close-knit, ’young professional’ culture
- Monthly town halls and team building events
About the Opportunity
- Oversee and manage the daily operational accounting functions (general ledger, billing, A/R, A/P, payroll/benefits, management reporting, government filings and remittances, taxes, banking, and various reconciliations, etc.) to ensure timely closing of the month, quarter, and year
- Managing the financial reporting process - preparation of timely, organized, and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual statements
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process including monthly and quarterly variance analysis
- Enhancing and maintaining accounting and internal control processes to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Managing treasury, maximizing the return, and limiting risks on the company’s cash management and responsible for all banking and vendor/provider payments
- Overseeing and managing the year-end audit process and serving as the main point of contact with the external auditors
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, taxes, regulations, internal policies/procedures, and control protocols and taking corrective action when required
- Processing payroll for the company, including benefits administration, preparation of ROEs and T4s
- Recommend implementation of technology to reduce manual processes
- Ad hoc requests
- 3+ years progressive Accounting experience
- Coming from a small to midsized company
Up to $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #283961.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.