About the Company
Our client is a premier convenience retail franchisor. They are looking for a controller to be responsible for month-end, financial Statements, FP&A, Payroll, and Policy Development. This is the lead and most senior person in the Finance and Accounting team.
Why Work Here
- Experienced management team
- Lead the finance team
- Great work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Ensuring that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for preparation and filing of weekly and monthly reconciliations and government remittances
- Responsible for preparation and filing of financial reports to federal, provincial and non-governmental agencies
- Administering all aspects of the payroll function
- Recording all business transactions, processing accruals and adjustments, reconciling accounts and preparing monthly accounting statements
- Coordinating and/or completing financial reports for various stakeholders
- Assisting Leaders in the development and administration of their budgets
- Providing cash flow reports to the CEO on a regular schedule and as required
- Monitoring the budgets and providing Leaders with regular reports, as directed by the CEO
- Administering employee group health benefits
- Participating in the organization’s financial planning activities
- Developing operating and capital budgets
- Developing, implementing, and managing financial policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing external audit and providing information to external tax accountants
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Managerial Responsibilities including hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Carrying out other duties essential to the position as directed by the CEO
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- 5+ years of experience in a senior or manager level position
$85,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #283239.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.