About the Company
Our client is a rapidly growing company in the real estate industry. The Controller will be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial reporting of the business. Reporting into the COO and President, the role will support the day to day accounting for both the company’s commercial and residential property assets.
- Privately owned company, collaborative culture and family type atmosphere
- Company that rewards hard work and dedication
- Lead the finance function and work closely with senior leadership and other key stakeholders
- This role will have the autonomy to build a team as the organization grows
About the Opportunity
- Ensure monthly financial reports are delivered accurately and timely
- Monitor and review accounting process and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate to improve internal controls and efficiencies
- Prepare year-end CAM & other recoveries
- Prepare review reporting packages for lenders as needed
- Year-end working paper file preparation
- Reconcile parking deposits daily to proper bank account and preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage and maintain proper accounting for several mortgage accounts
- Arrange semi-monthly payroll for office staff
- Prepare entries to allocate salaries and bonuses to various construction projects quarterly
- Prepare offers of employment and ROE’s as needed
- Experience with both commercial and residential real estate
- Working knowledge and experience with Yardi
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27824.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.