About the Company
Our client is a well-established company in the Insurance industry. They are looking for a Controller to join their finance team to be responsible for the preparation and review of company financial statements, managing IT projects and overseeing the year-end audit.
- Company has experienced significant growth since inception by fostering a culture of excellence by driven individuals
- Very supportive and inclusive work environment
- This opportunity and role will grow as the organization continues to grow, future promotional opportunities to senior leadership with equity participation
About the Opportunity
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data required for reporting purposes
- Manage and streamline current operational processes and procedures
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Coordinate activities with external auditors
- Provide management with information vital to decision-making
- Oversee and assisting with the budget process
- Oversee IT projects and supervising the integration with Finance & Accounting department
- Hire, train and mentor staff members
- Maintain and build strong relationships with key customers, clients, partners and key stakeholders
- 7 to 10 years of progressive accounting experience and working closely with external auditors
- Experience within the Insurance industry – P&C/MGAs experience preferred
- System savvy with an eagerness to learn
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27584.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.