About the Company
Our client is a privately owned manufacturing and service company in the construction industry. They are looking to add a Controller to their finance team who will be responsible for building the financial statements for a section of this organization’s business while being a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Excellent performing construction company, backed by a large parent company
- Great work-life balance
- Small-sized laid back corporate office, close knit group
- Open door policy, everyone is very supportive of their peers
About the Opportunity
- Hands on management of the preparation of monthly financial statements, analysis, commentary and month end reporting packages
- Act as Treasurer to manage cash-flow requirements, cash calls and importantly weekly / monthly cash-flow forecast outlook
- Create annual operating overhead budgets and capital spend budget
- Act as key oversight of policy documentation and internal controls monitor / tester
- Help manage in a hands on manner through support of junior financial professionals that responsibilities of AR, AP, and Payroll.
- Manage and improve on systems used to measure project profitability and operational profitability. Collaborate with operations managers
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience in preparation of / managing full cycle accounting process (producing / signing off on financial statements, managing AP, AR, Payroll)
- Experience with an ERP system is an asset
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27226.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.