About the Company
Our client is a privately held technology AI company, with significant prospects for growth, based in downtown Toronto. As a Controller you will lead the day-to-day accounting function, treasury, cash management, reporting, and analysis for the business.
Why Work Here
- Technology industry with huge growth upside in terms of the business potential
- Work closely with a successful management team, including a great Director of Finance (CPA, CA), in a start-up type environment
- Great learning opportunity and opportunity to move up quickly
About the Opportunity
- Lead day to day accounting functions and cash management reporting
- Proficient with technical accounting under ASPE
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements under ASPE
- Develop and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place
- Participate in special projects and undertake new initiatives as they arise
- Play a key role in the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes
- Manage year-end process and external audit process
- Assist with commentary on all actual expenses versus company’s overall plan.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- CPA, CA
- 6+ years of total finance/accounting experience
- Working experience from a mid-sized firm and/or technology industry
- Netsuite and Quickbooks experience is an asset
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27204.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.