About the Company
Our Client is an asset management company with close to $75 million under management.
About the Opportunity
- Managing the financial administration and reporting for the Company’s Projects, including both operating and construction stage projects
- Reviewing, and in some cases preparing, monthly and quarterly financial statements including full note disclosures prepared in accordance with either ASPE or IFRS
- Coordinating with external auditors on the preparation of the annual financial statements and ensuring audited financial statements are delivered to stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Managing all debt and lender reporting compliance through review of covenant calculations (i.e. DSCR, Distributable Cash), officer certifications, and construction reports to ensure all debt payment obligations are completed in a timely manner
- Working with external advisers including, auditors, lawyers and tax advisers on due diligence procedures as they relate to future investments
- Acting as a liaison between the Company’s asset management team and the project accounting team to coordinate the transition of financial reporting and tax compliance for newly acquired projects
- Coordinating directly with sellers, often on-site, on the transition of record keeping from the seller to the Company
- Prepare or review all tax working papers to support tax compliance function including both partnership returns (T5013) and corporate tax returns (T2)
- Reviewing and approving HST returns and remittances
- University/college degree/diploma in a relatable discipline such as accounting or finance with a final GPA of at least 3.5
- CPA, CA designation, preferably earned at ‘Big 4’ firm
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with at least 1 year of experience outside public accounting in a manager role (i.e. with direct reports)
- Exposure to a wide variety of IFRS and ASPE reporting issues
- Experience writing technical accounting memos, financial statement note disclosures and determining the accounting treatment for complex transactions
- The ability to maintain a general ledger and to utilize accounting software to its full potential in order to prepare financial statements with ease
- Experience preparing tax returns using Taxprep software and understanding tax concepts such as intercorporate tax integration, cost base calculations and reconciling accounting income to taxable income
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25676.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.