About the Company
Our client is a privately-owned real estate investment fund manager and real estate development company. They are looking to hire a Controller to join their Accounting and Finance team. This senior level position is a great opportunity for career advancement and progression.
Why Work Here
- Key partners are excited and inspired for the organization’s future
- Professional and very friendly office culture
- Strong promote from within
- Highly experienced upper management who are committed to their work
- Great work/life balance
- Outstanding compensation package!
About the Opportunity
- Manage and enforce all standard operating procedures, internal controls and policies of company
- Oversee the full accounting cycle regarding development projects, assets plus properties under management
- Manage the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Payroll functions and corresponding team members
- Manage fund reporting for three funds under management
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly-prepared consolidated financial statements with both internal and external accounting groups
- Review internal job cost reporting for each project including support for General Ledger balances
- Work with asset management/accounting manager to verify calculations, reconciliations and recording of revenues, various fees, interest and commissions for each project
- Manage timely quarter-end close and ensure recording of all pertinent transactions including setting up accruals, working with internal staff and external JV partners
- Approve project/property distributions and contributions
- Review land and construction entries ensuring legitimacy and accuracy
- Monitor operational expenditures as set out in the annual budget
- Coordinate budget process and assist senior management and operational managers with financial analysis
- 5+ of experience overseeing the accounting function within a construction/real estate company
- Property development experience
- YARDI experienced
$115,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25169.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.