About the Company
This is an exciting role at a publicly traded company in the retail distribution industry. Our client provides a competitive compensation plan with bonus and benefits, and plenty of opportunity for professional development. This company is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally. The culture is best described as easy going, family-like and will provide you with an excellent work-life balance.
Why Work Here
- Ability to grow within the finance/accounting team
- Start-up environment with an entrepreneurial culture - well backed by an established publicly traded parent company
- Reporting to the VP Operations
About the Opportunity
- Oversee full cycle accounting processes such as reporting, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, payroll, budgeting, revenue, and expenditure variance analysis
- Oversee full cycle month end close process including journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations
- Manage and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records
- Review, recommend, and implement internal controls for improvement and/or efficiencies
- Respond to accounting requests and inquiries from internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Manage and comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
- Lead the preparation for the annual audit
- CPA, CA
- 10+ years of related experience, strong accounting and finance skills
- Strong operational experience
$120,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24799.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.