ARE YOU A CONTROLLER LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY? Our client is seeking a CPA to join their team for a 15 month contract.
Controller - 15 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Manage accounting department including the GL, accounts payable, payroll and administration
- Review journal entries, reconciliations and review staff work for the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for consolidated company in accordance with IFRS
- Lead in preparation of annual budget for consolidated company
- Act as a primary contact for external, internal and government auditors
- Lead external financial audit process
- Research and draft memos on new accounting pronouncements
- Lead and mentor accounting staff
- Work with IT to continuously improve, automate and streamline processes
- Act as a business partner to general managers, COO and sales director
- Work on ad-hoc special projects as assigned or as they arise with different departments of the business
- Responsible for deliverable of Economic, social and governance yearly deliverables
- Professional certification (CPA) is a requirement
- Public accounting experience preferably with Big 4
- Solid knowledge of IFRS (International Financing Reporting Standards) and regulations.
- Proficient in using Excel (advanced level)
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to maintain strict deadlines for closing processes and project deadlines
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with management experience
- Able to work independently and on a team
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24231.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.