About the Opportunity
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages. Creates and posts journal entries. Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting. Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Communicates requests for additional services from clients and the field to senior management and understands the scope of accounting services for the properties in portfolio.
- May oversee the completion of projects including independent preparation and review of CAM (Common Area Maintenance) reconciliations, purchase/sale proration, lease abstract analysis, property software setups, and opening/closing entry generations.
- Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope.
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and projects
- 3-5 years experience in similar role in real estate environment
- Strong accounting/full-cycle accounting skills (GAAP)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems on their own
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Advanced Excel (macro)
- MRI or Yardi or JD Edwards experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #388470.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.