About the Opportunity
- Accounting and Reporting
- Oversee the preparation of stand-alone IFRS financial statements/results and notes for various holding companies, general partners, management companies and other structured entities.
- Direct the quarterly inter-group reporting process including setting the quarterly timeline, sending out reporting instructions to subsidiaries, responding to queries from subsidiaries and ensuring subsidiary accounting is in-line with company policies
- Supervise the preparation of the consolidated financial statements for management company operations.
- Collaborate with the accounting team of parent and ensure they are aware of all accounting/reporting matters and that quarterly results are submitted to them on a timely basis and in the required format.
- Coordinate all external auditor’s activities related to the management company financial statement audit(s).
- Coordinate the activities of the management company accounting team with the accounting policy group, valuation group and the fund accounting team.
- Lead ad-hoc projects such as, but not limited to, performing due diligence on acquisition targets, leading the accounting workstreams related business combinations etc.
- General Ledger/ERP system selection and implementation
- Actively work with the hired big 4-accounting firm on the selection and implementation of a new general ledger/ERP system for management company operations. This includes defining the accounting and consolidation technical requirements, helping in all aspects of the RFP process, participating in the vendor demonstration sessions and designing the chosen system’s data table/legal entity structure/chart of accounts/cost center structure etc.
- Lead the conversion of historical data on to the new system from a user perspective and lead the UAT process and the parallel run process.
- CPA,CA (legacy) or may be CPA, CGA
- IFRS knowledge and experience
- ERP Implementation experience - GL module, Mapping of Chart of Accounts
- Advanced excel Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #335255.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.