ARE YOU A STRONG ENTERPRISE BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR? Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT professional to take their company to the next level.
Commvault Backup Expert
In this role you would be responsible for the configuration, on-going administration, maintenance, and evolution of Commvault backup strategies and solutions. Our client utilizes several tools for executing “to-disk” and “to-tape” backup strategies for various systems, virtual machines, databases, and user hardware. The Backup Administrator will be responsible for off-site media management and periodic testing of disaster recovery plans.
About the Opportunity
- Maintaining and expanding the existing backup strategy and infrastructure
- Working directly with colleagues to maintain and evolve the Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Response for the Enterprise
- Leveraging the Backup Infrastructure for Operational efficiency, including data staging, recovery and hardware migration
- Collaborate with other team members on IT/Operations initiatives, including data centre, network administration, backup and disaster recovery efforts and strategies
- Maintain audit requirements for backups/restores
- Ensure success of backups and continuous backup optimization
- Participating in an on-call production technology support rotation
- Assists with support of physical and virtual server environments
- Documents, monitors, and audits those environments
- Provides maintenance to systems and applications
- Provides supplemental systems administration support to IT team
- Create process documentation for team and provide internal training to team members
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Technical working knowledge of disaster recovery concepts and best practices
- Familiarity with top tier data centre environments
- Experience writing/maintaining appropriate scripts to automate system administration and recurring jobs
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in supporting a 24x7 production environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise Commvault backup environments (Windows ecosystem)
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Server platform and its components
- Familiarity with top tier data center environments
- Experience with various SAN storage manufacturers
- General knowledge of cloud storage with Backup Exec and/or other backup applications is an asset
- VMware skills are a plus
$90,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21403.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.