Our client is looking for a commodity tax specialist for a 9 month contract opportunity.
About the Opportunity
- Analyze the implications to the entities arising from changes to federal and provincial commodity tax rules, current rulings & interpretations
- Assist in the management of federal/provincial government commodity tax audits including the drafting of responses (and gathering information) to government audit queries
- Work with Controller to understand and improve business and internal processes through automation and for better compliance with sales tax legislation
- Communicate with various outside contacts including US parent, government officials, vendors and corporate customer relations to resolve issues on a timely basis
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations for tax accounts
- Reconciliation of sales tax, and withholding tax accounts to returns, government account statements and notices of assessment
- Understanding the Company’s requirements to self-assess commodity tax and monitor process to ensure compliance
- Creating and maintaining tracking sheets and tax calendars
- Accounting Designation
- Minimum 2-5 years working experience with exposure to commodity tax
- In-depth GST/HST course – CPA Canada
- Experience of automation and operational efficiency
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word
- Strong systems and technology background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a great deal of confidential information and maintain absolute discretion
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27527.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.