About the Opportunity
- Assist your leader in projects/initiatives as assigned to deliver on best-in-class processes and practice for the Cash Collections function.
- Manage portfolio to reduce DSO, Bad Debt, Write-Offs while improving cash flow and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Participate and schedule periodic status updates with Key Account Managers (KAM)
- Maintain detailed documentation of collection activities
- Research and Analyze accounts e.g., payment patterns/behaviors, sales history, and previous collection efforts prior to engaging in collection follow up
- Reconcile Billing and Payment discrepancies
- Flag “At- Risk” accounts to leadership team and potential recommend action for legal or 3rd party escalation
- Follow up with various departments within the organization to resolve any issues and provide accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Respond to service support requests/inquires
- Organize, and Maintain appropriate files and documents
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma with a concentration in Finance/Accounting or related Discipline
- 3-5 years of previous experience collections experience (Business to Busines and/or Business to Consumer) in mid to large size organization
- Experience using or knowledge of large ERP system (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards or equivalent)
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Bilingual in French and English (written and verbal) is a definite asset!
- Creative problem solving, strategic, strong analytical skills and innovative thinker
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills with the ability to solve it right the first time
- Self-starter and excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow, operate independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment to deliver results with a continuous improvement mindset to support best in class process
- Strong team player, understanding that you deliver as a team
- Ability to work independently and find ethical options to improve customer payment profiles.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to remain strong under pressure and provide logical solutions
- Must be dependable and accountable (attendance and punctuality)
$55,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #377648.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role