About the Company
Our client is a global leader in manufacturing and distribution of clinical and commercial pharmaceuticals . They are looking to hire for the orgnaization’s first CFO who will be directly supporting all areas within finance operations
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very inclusive and diverse company culture with a focus on employee development and those passionate about healthcare, patient care and advancement.
- Low-turnover environment with tenured employees working for the company.
- Develops and directs the financial strategy and plan, identifies and monitors the key financial and operational metrics in alignment with The company’s business vision and goals.
- Directs the development of efficient systems and tools to provide financial reports and analysis to the BOD and the CEO to facilitate the decision-making process in relation to the strategy, operational plans, and business development and opportunities.
- Works closely with the LT to develop the annual budgets (short term, Capex & Opex) and the long-term financial plans and models, including business development forecasts, capacity plans, resources plans and budgets, and capital needs. Present and discuss with the authorized stakeholders internally and externally as directed by the BOD and/or the CEO.
- Develops and implements financial analysis and reporting structures and routines, including costs and variances analysis.
- Directs, develops, and mentors a team of professionals for all aspects of finance and accounting at The company, ensuring the staff retention and engagement.
- Directs the banking relations and financial control systems to preserve and optimize the use of The company’s assets.
- Ensures full compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements, in addition to any other applicable requirements as mandated by the BOD.
- Manages tax returns and maximizes tax credit, as applicable. Coordinates with the investors for US tax matters.
- Identifies and manages The company’s business and operational risks profile, including managing credit liabilities risks, operational risks, legal risks, and other. in addition, ensures maintaining the necessary insurance policies to protect The company’s assets and cover its liabilities.
- Participates in selecting and developing the financial-related information systems and controls adopted by The company.
- Develops and implements financial and accounting audit and control procedures to guarantee the implementation of the internal controls, compliance with legal and reporting requirements, and providing accurate financial results.
- Regularly analyses and reports the cash flow, costs and expenses, financial statements, and operational parameters against the approved fiscal plans and budgets and the long-term strategy.
- Supports the LT and department heads on strategic and critical departmental projects discussions and decision making by providing financial insights and analysis to validate and/or challenge the projects’ proposals and plans.
- Supports Business Development on client negotiations and proposal development.
- Continuously improves the departmental practices and policies to support The company’s goals and to adapt with the regulations and requirements changes.
- Works with the CEO on securing funding resources required to satisfy The company’s approved plans and on implementing an exit strategy.
- Ensures the accuracy and compliance of financial and accounting reports and information provided to auditing / regulatory bodies, clients, management, and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
- 15 years’ progressive experience in financial management and strategic planning, including experience in leadership roles in a fast-growing environment.
- Experience in related industries is an asset.
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #379557.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role