About the Company
Our client is a well-established manufacturing organization. They are looking for a Business Unit Controller who will be responsible for all aspects of financial management and operational analysis for our Hi-Rel Alloys (HRA) division.
Why Work Here
- Great work life balance
- Excellent culture with long standing employees and a well-run profitable company
- Competitive compensation plan
- Interesting work and the ability to shape the role given it is a new role.
About the Opportunity
- Business partner to the President of HRA and leader of the facility to drive delivery of the strategic and annual plans, as well as, continuous improvement in business processes and financial performance
- Provide forensic cost accounting support to the newly installed ERP system (abas), investigate, remediate, and resolve cost accounting issues so as to improve the accuracy and integrity of our financial statements.
- Member of the company’s Financial Leadership Team to achieve improved efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function within the company
- Provide leadership in financial management, including budgeting and forecasting, and operational analysis for the facilities, with a particular focus on proactive reporting, accuracy and analysis of inventory valuation, production and product costs (material costs, labor and overheads) and operational efficiency
- Prepare monthly financial statements, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and financial aspects of the strategic plan. Include financial and management recommendations
- Cost and price analysis and support for RFP’s, pricing proposals, and contract renewals
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the CEO, CFO and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the company
- Oversee financial modules on the abas platform (ERP system) and eventual business intelligence (BI) systems, and continue work as key member of the ERP team to ensure all post-implementation needs are met, and upgrades are maintained in a timely manner
- Oversee payroll processing for approximately 50 employees
- Provide support for tax compliance and external auditors as required
- Experience with Kaizen, S&OP, SIOP, or other best practices a plus
- CPA or MBA
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment and experience supervising others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Prior experience and proficiency with ERP systems and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 301929.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.