HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING FOR A GREAT BUSINESS ANALYST ROLE THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO LEARN AND GAIN A BREADTH OF EXPERIENCE? Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for a 4 month contract opportunity.
Business Analyst – 4 Month Contract
Our client located North of Toronto has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Business Analyst. This is a 4 month contract to hire position. Reporting to the VP of IT you will primarily be responsible for the management and execution of software solutions designed to meet specific business requirements.
About the Opportunity
- Work directly with internal and external clients (including resellers and clients) to ensure requirements, issues and challenges are understood from a business and technical perspective
- Gather and assess requirements, determine feasibility and produce functional and technical product specifications including data mapping
- Review and edit documents, specifications and business processes as well as make recommendations to proposed solutions
- Define and deliver scope of work and offer advice on business process improvements
- Gather developer and QA estimates along with producing business cases and workflow diagrams
- Work closely with developers and QA analysts to ensure products are specification compliant and assist in ensuring adherence to project schedules and deadlines
- Communicate any required changes to the development team
- Participate in defining future product requirements with development team, other business analysts and sales & marketing
- University degree or college diploma in Information Technology or related discipline
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) principles
- Experience with SQL along with an understanding of RDBMS, database structures and the ability to write queries
- Previous development experiences an asset
- Experience with client server architecture
- Experience with web services would be an asset
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work in a fast paced, data driven environment
- Well disciplined, self-directed, organized and project driven
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18702.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.