About the Opportunity
To assist in the financial reporting and processes related to revenue recognition in compliance with financial policies of the company. The Billing Clerk will be responsible for billing of Client unbilled Work in Progress (WIP) as instructed, process write-ups and recognition of revenues consistent with BU and Corporate policies and practices, ensuring accurate month end, quarter end, and year end cut off for all functions
- Preparing of invoices for Clients through consultation and collaboration with internal client contacts (consultants, etc.)
- This includes preparing billing memos for review and authorization by the business for the invoicing process
- Ensuring any billing adjustments are authorized by the project manager and documentation is retained
- Ensuring all supporting documentation is provided prior to the recording or billing of revenue by the business. This documentation must be retained and filed according to Company policy
- Provide backup of invoices if required by clients
- Distribution of final invoices to Clients or Project Managers
- Review and follow up on outstanding timesheets on a weekly basis
- Opening of new projects on a daily basis and ensure all documentation is provided by business
- Create monthly WIP aging schedules for review by project leads. Ensure project leads provide comments and documentation on significant balances that have aged
- Follow ups and discussions with project leads as required to ensure timely billing of WIP balances and to ensure no buildup of stale-dated WIP is experienced
- Ensure there is compliance with revenue and billing policies and escalate non-compliance for resolution with Accounting Manager Assist in other ad hoc projects as determined by the Accounting Manager or Director of Finance. Reporting to the Accounting Manager Revenue
- ERP experience
- Data entry experience (billing – has completed the full a-z process of issuing invoices), exposure to AR, AP, collections.
- Excel – intermediate to advanced. Must know vlooking, pivot tables
- Some analytical experience > identifying errors, reconcilations,
- Very good memory and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communications skills (speaking, reading, writing)
$23 - $28/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #386306.
You must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.