About the Opportunity
This key individual is responsible for managing the day to day operation of our Accounts Receivable process. Daily, they will review Payments via Banking System, input relevant payments into Oracle and apply payments to Customer Invoices. Additionally, this individual will be required to partner with our Customer Service team to resolve billing & payment discrepancies that develop with Customers
- Post Customer Payments against Accounts Receivable Invoices by recording EFT, Cheques, and Credit Card transactions.
- Working closely with Customer Service & Accounting colleagues to ensure payments & credits are applied to Invoices correctly.
- Communication with cross-functional departments and Sales members to clarify any billing discrepancies
- Complete month-end responsibilities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close activities
- Run and distribute monthly statements to customers to inform them of overdue Invoices
- Establishing a process to prioritize which aging Accounts Receivable need to be focused on and at which time
- Following up with customers through both email & phone communication to ensure payment is applied or an overdue invoice is corrected
- Escalating billing and payment problems in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Update and maintain Collections Reporting to keep Accounting & Customer Service team up to date
- Bilingual - English/French required
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Business preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- 3 Years of work experience in a Collections, Accounting or Customer Service role preferred
- Ability to handle stress well and deal with customers in professional manner
- A passionate personality with an eagerness to make improvements
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using an ERP system in a previous organization an asset (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
$55,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #345656.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.