About the Opportunity
- Responsible for administrative support for the Government and Legislative Affairs Department
- Supports Director and other Government and Legislative Affairs staff
- Assists in the management of the Government and Legislative Affairs initiatives inventory and progress of action items
- Contributes to, proofreads, and formats position papers, government submissions, press releases, annual reports, internal website, social media content, etc. May include preliminary research on public policies and statistical data
- Analyzes Infoline metrics to identify areas of key concern
- Maintains database of Subject Matter Expert contacts, e.g., government relations and advisory committees and councils, and related sub-committees and task forces
- Exchanges information with members of the various councils/committees/task forces, government and business contacts, and others
- Contributes to development of department budget - retrieves and compiles historical data
- Provides general office administrative support (e.g., records maintenance/management, handling personal email, coordinating outgoing courier, printing, etc.
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials (agendas, discussion notes, materials and correspondence); taking notes/minutes; documenting results and following up on action items
- Responsible for all logistical planning for Government and Legislative Affairs council/committee meetings and workshops, including: coordinating multiple stakeholder schedules to establish meetings dates/times; booking meeting facilities (online and in person facilities, resources, food, Wi-Fi and audio visuals); arranging accommodation as required; occasionally assisting with travel arrangements; managing virtual meetings, etc.
- Administrative support for council/committee and task force meetings, including: communication with all participants regarding travel and accommodation arrangements and expense reimbursements
- Processes incoming invoices related to council/committee meetings - codes invoices to expense accounts, ensures appropriate authorizations are received and invoices are forwarded to accounting for processing
- University or College diploma, preferably in Administration
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken is required
- Business proficiency in French, both written and spoken required
- 3+ years related experience in an Administrative Assistant role, including minute taking
- Experience in meeting planning an asset
- Exposure to payroll software/systems an asset
$50,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29108.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.