About the Company
Our client is a reputable, global insurance company. They are looking to bring onboard an AVP, Reporting, who will support the transition and implementation of new statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, in addition to supporting the day to day reporting and analysis requirements.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to join one the of top 10 reinsurers worldwide and make a real impact through a newly created position.
- Strong career development and progression opportunities available
- Flexible and progressive culture, with opportunity to work fully remotely
About the Opportunity
- Work with the Project stakeholders and the Head of L&H Financial Reporting and Analysis to support the successful L&H implementation of the required changes, which includes supporting staff in implementation across all L&H entities.
- Work closely with the Group Project leads & Project team as a key participant in the design and implementation of the new reporting bases,
- Support the workstream leads in facilitating and operationalizing the Group bi-annual reporting, including system implementation,
- Assist in creating a dynamic & agile Group working day timetable & supporting processes to enable integration of the new reporting bases
- Understand the implications of new accounting bases and Solvency II on L&H systems and processes and support the implementation of new processes and disclosures for L&H
- Contribute to maintaining a robust control environment across L&H by designing/implementing controls and continuously improving processes
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 5/6+ years corporate accounting experience in the insurance industry
- Experience in a public accounting firm is an asset
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Multi GAAP reporting experience
- Experienced with financial system implementations and process improvements, including foreign exchange, intercompany transactions, and retrocession transactions.
$120,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #332872.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.