About the Company
Our client is an P&C Insurance company looking for an AVP, Finance, reporting to the CFO, who will be managing and oversee a team to lead the Reporting, IFRS 17 implementation and FP+A function.
Why Work Here
- Good work/life balance
- Great mentor and opportunity for development and growth
- Excellent compensation plan
About the Opportunity
- Maintain and enhance finance control environment
- Lead financial close process under US GAAP and IFRS, providing accurate, timely and insightful results to Senior Management
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all Financial statutory returns
- Lead quarterly board reporting package preparation
- External and internal audit liaison, including management of the schedule and information requirements
- Coach and mentor finance team members
- Participate in capital management, including capital budgeting and ensuring target MCT is appropriate and met each quarter
- Identification, resolution and documentation of accounting, control and tax issues is a key responsibility
- Responsible for implementation of accounting, tax and regulatory changes, including communication and recommendation of changes required
- Collaborate with actuary on statutory filings (e.g., Appointed Actuary’s report and Financial Conditions Testing)
- Income, sales and premium tax compliance and planning responsibilities
- Lead company budgeting and reforecasting process, including the long-range plan for the Financial Conditions Testing
- Lead the IFRS17 implementation project
- 10 years + P&C Insurance experience in an IFRS environment
- 5+ years in a managerial role leading a team
$130,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #299944.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.