About the Opportunity
- Oversee Finance’s full cycle with the objectives of producing high quality financial results within established deadlines, reducing the duration of the financial close period, simplification, improved internal controls, and enhancing the analysis capabilities
- Oversee financial statements, management and compliance reports produced by financial reporting
- Manage and train 4+ direct reports
- Research and provide input into various accounting transactions utilizing USGAAP/IFRS.
- Create and maintain internal control structure for reinsurance accounting models and process control documents, supporting all internal and external audit requirements
- Support the VP Finance and other management by supporting ad hoc projects as, and when, required
- Professionally-designated accountant with 10+ years’ experience preferably within a financial services company
- Experience managing teams and helping guide junior staff
- Demonstrated success with significant process improvement projects
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret data, draw conclusions from it and explain findings to key stakeholders across the business
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29837.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.