About the Company
Our client is a leading financial institution and a market leader in the financial services industry. They are currently seeking an Assistant Vice President, Finance to support the corporate finance division and take responsibility for the preparation of financial statements and oversight of other various reporting processes.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the leaders in the financial services industry and exposure to fantastic mentorship
- The role will have exposure to working closely with senior leadership and manage a high-calibre team.
About the Opportunity
- Establish and maintain controls over the gathering, recording and reporting of financial information to ensure compliance with internal standards and shareholder/legislative requirements
- Prepare year-end financial statements and supporting documents for external auditors
- Consult directly with other lines of business and functional group management on addressing and managing accounting issues
- Advise on approaches/guidelines for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing financial processes
- Provide functional human resources management and supervision of multiple teams which includes setting performance objectives for direct reports, conducting performance reviews, coordinating training requirements and coaching, motivating and serving as a technical resource
- Oversee statutory, financial and regulatory reporting processes to stakeholders and regulatory bodies, serving as the main point of contact for the required finance teams
- Establish, implement and modify accordingly financial controls and standards across the corporate accounting and accounts payable functions, recommend process improvements and procedural enhancements to maximize opportunities, realize efficiencies and enhance controls
- Collaborate on the content included in the monthly financial commentary to management and to the Board and the scheduled Finance Reports for the Executive and Audit, Risk and Conduct Review Committee
- CPA Designation (Any)
- From FI or Banking background
- From Industry (Senior Manager/Director level) or strong Senior Manager from Firm (Big 4)
- IFRS financial reporting experience
- People Management experience is a strong asset
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29592.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.