About the Company
Our client is a leading property and casualty insurance organization. They are looking for an AVP of Business Partnering who will support the personal lines from a business partnering standpoint and will manage a team of five people
Why Work Here
- Excellent collaborative culture
- State of the art new office
- Good work life balance and an excellent boss
About the Opportunity
- Facilitating transparency of financial performance across the regions and/or channels
- Works and is collaborative with business leaders to drive and improve performance
- Ensures business decisions are grounded in sound and balanced financial analysis
- Ensures business decisions endure processes that drive robust financial challenge and accountability
- Provides analysis and insight to prioritize the allocation of scarce resources to areas where value can be generated
- Consults in a finance business partner capacity and is collaborative with the Personal Insurance MD and their leadership team
- Able to provide insights into the future, sees the big picture, able to influence senior management team, takes initiative proactively and focuses on aligning Finance and other functions (e.g. Actuarial, Pricing and Claims) within the business
- Responsible for growing the relationships with the business as a trustworthy partner, provides superior client experience and strengthens the relationships across boundaries
- Deep accomplished and resourceful finance competencies and business capabilities drawing across cross-functional subject areas and boundaries to address emerging business issues with resolutions
- Drives Business Performance
- Ensures all business decisions are supported by high quality financial analysis with the vital data resources, analytical tools, structured frameworks and standard methodologies
- Drives quality business planning ensuring business activities created culminate in financial plans and performance targets set and achieved across the regions and/or channels
- Coordinates and directs Business Unit Operational Reviews and Business Planning processes, engages business leaders, and demonstrates best practices and common processes
- Demonstrates deep knowledge, interprets/synthesizes and delivers accurate and timely management information that contributes to valuable decision support
- Contributes ongoing business insights and competitor analysis, to drive business performance forward to full efficiency
- Ensures that outstanding financial support is provided to initiatives that contribute to the business.
- Actively participates in strategy formulation across the PI business
- Ensures accurate financial assumptions in corporate and business unit strategic planning processes are consistently made
- Participates effectively in the development of business planning models that reflect key drivers of value and driven environment
- Participates collaboratively with cross-functional teams within the business
- Provides a consistent and resourceful approach which assists the business in measuring its performance against strategy and operating plans
- Plays a key role in ensuring that driven analyses are developed for the business
- Supports the embedment of a Digital first and positive customer centric demeanor across the team
- CA/CPA, CMA, CGA or equivalent
- 10+ years post qualification financial and/or operational management experience P&C Insurance experience is a MUST (can be personal or commercial lines or a combination of both).
- Previous experience managing a team
$140,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #300580.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.